Many business operations are IT-enabled and it is critical that the management team have a clear understanding of the role technology plays. IT investments are decisions that become an essential part of success and growth. Yet many organizations are not as quick to make that transformation.
Change comes with risk. Non-IT executives want better, faster, safer access to technology and IT wants to make that happen. Convincing upper management that it is time for change can be daunting and a challenge, yet it really is a simple process.
- When is the last time you took an assessment of your IT infrastructure?
- Are there vulnerabilities in your network that can put your company at risk?
- Do you have any UTM violations?
- Any sites or apps being used that are utilizing bandwidth that could be used for business critical applications?
- Are employees streaming Pandora or videos which could slow down the network?
Traditionally organizations have adopted a defensive stance when it comes to IT. If it’s not broke why fix it? Reality is you pay now or pay later. Most people take their vehicles in for routine maintenance to keep it running efficiently. Not changing oil or rotating tires could lead to expensive repairs. Same goes for ongoing IT maintenance and continuing to assess your IT infrastructure.
Taking on any IT Project that is implemented on time, according to budget, and has measurable business metrics will inspire IT confidence.